Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Career Woman

I know I probably should have announced this last week, but I just havent had time. I know I blogged about the job interview with Peoria Journal Star, well I also went on the second interview and they hired me!! My official first day is February 12th. I went through the drug screening and physical and now I have to make it through the first 90 day probation and I am a shoe-in. I am a little stressed, but its a new job, there is always room for stress and anxiety. i am excited though, its a great oppurtunity to work in a real-life setting and get some job experience.
I have to learn some programs I am not all that familiar with, but I impressed them by learning some basics before I went in for designing (2nd interview). I have been sick this weekend and still feel very wore out, but I guess i have to push through and get-r-done.
Sadie is super needy today. she has been right next to me all day. Etta is usually the needy one, but not as much as Sade-ster today. Its cold here in Illinois, like negative degrees and we got snow last night and its still coming down, I think it will get at least 4-5 inches.
well I better get to learning some features of the programs ill be using at my NEW JOB next week. I think the hardest thing to adjust to is that its 8:30-4:45 Mon-Fri. No days off, although its steady and consistent...it will be a super hard adjustment to not make my own schedule, but they pay me enough to bare the sacrifice!
love you all, thanks for the prayers, I just wanted you to know that they actually work!!!
c.ALIce

No comments: