Friday, March 26, 2010

Unprepared

I don't have confidence that my nursing program is providing me the necessary skills to become a competent nurse. That is frustrating. I looked over some nclex questions and can honestly say I would fail miserably. I am considered third year and this time next year am expected to be able to be a competent nurse. At this stage I am extremely doubtful ill be there. Part of me wishes I stayed in the states to complete this course. But I really didn't have a choice. Very disheartening. So feeling unprepared feeds into my confidence and my wanting to complete this course. But what else do I have? Is this what I really want? Will I ever feel prepared? Are my doubts and apprehensions stemming from my lack of confidence or telling me this isn't what I am designed to do. Where are all my answers. It's not like a normal job...peoples lives are in my hands. Can I handle that stress and pressure? So I am at a crossroad and feeling helpless and hopeless in regards to my future.


chrissi alice

1 comment:

SarahBethWhite said...

I still feel unprepared much of the time and I did go to school in the states. I hear it takes at least a year or 2 to feel relatively comfortable as a nurse. And even then its uncomfortable bc like you said, lives are in our hands. If I can do it though, you definitly can!