Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Mental Holiday

I have this week off for semester break. A much needed mental holiday. This semester is kicking my ass and after prac and the possibility of wanting to get graduate program in ICU it's also bears the added weigh of keeping my GPA up. Australian grading score is weird. I currently have a 6 out of 7 which I equate as a B but apparently it's really good. I have to have higher than 5.5 to get into program. The first week of one of my classes they went on and on about how so many people failed...thus to added stress. I suppose I did ok on the paper but we shall see what my tutor thinks.
So this week I am not doing anything and it's driving me mad now. I am bored. Thought about doing some prework for next couple weeks but then my head starts to hurt just thinking about it. I guess I should take advantage of this time while I have it.
Hard to believe this time next year I will be a practicing RN ( or rather have a license but at a wedding). It's gone by really fast. But now the semester is dragging!! I think my final exam is November 8th so I still feel like I have a long way to go. Today I booked a vacation to whitsundays. We were debating Fiji but just got too pricey. It's up my grand barrier reef and I have no doubt it will be beautiful. So something to look forward to. Other than that. Nothing too exciting. Just me studying and writing papers till then.
I would like to get a job soon cause spending 3 months with no school or work with definitely drive me into mad house. So I guess pray I find some work as assistant nurse somewhere, for my sanity and my pocket book

Love u all
c.ALIce

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'd better go snorkeling! great barrier reef and all :)

Anonymous said...

but don't get eaten by all the australian sealife!! they are super poisonous!

SarahBethWhite said...

So jealous! I want a vacation! Wish we could be going through nursing nonsense living closer together- there are always crazy stories to tell that only nurses would appreciate! So send em my way if you have a good one :) Love you.