Tuesday, November 22, 2005

regrets

I have discovered something. I was thinking about regret. I was thinking about there were some decision in life that I wish I could take back. Things I highly regret ever doing. I think that if I could go back in time I would change them. But then I think, if I hadn’t have experienced the things which I regret, then I don’t think I would appreciate what I have now. So now, do you make decisions based on whether or not in 5 years you will regret it? I know that I make decisions spontaneously, but honestly, I don’t think I regret any of them. Life is all about learning from your mistakes, all about living to your best potential. How far do you let others influence your decisions. Should I stall something I really want to do and feel is best for me because I want to make sure everyone is content? Why do people make my decisions so hard to make?

1 comment:

abbi said...

um, well, i'm not sure what all you're talking about, and i hope it's not me making things hard for you to decide. i think that we come to a point in our life when we really see how our choices in the past really affect things today. at least from my experience i see how financial decisions and relationship decisions affect me now in the present. i'm not sure that we always make our next decision based on 5 years from now, but i think that when we make any choice we should examine what the outcome may be in the long run and talk to those around us, older or already been there, to see what other perspective they can offer to help weigh the decision better. ultimately it's you who decide what is most important to you. it may be worth it for someone to do one thing when for me it's not. god gave us a free will, who am i to give it to someone else? if he can love us enough to give us that everyone else should as well. i love you chrissi and i'll pray that you'll receive some peace in this matter.

i'll be up on thursday night. i'm trying to plan to come over to cindy's friday night. she said something about you being there. although i'll have to come without my doodle. i think putting her to bed first then coming over would work the best. if you want to see her, you're more than welcome to come over friday day or saturday, though. friday for dinner we're celebrating mom's 50th birthday. on saturday for dinner we're having our thanksgiving, so any other time would be fine you can call the house when you get in or get a chance if you want. i'm looking forward to seeing you and meeting this man who's captured your heart. have a good trip in. love you