Monday, January 25, 2010

Bumped my head.....

sorry if the picture below is a little gruesome...I dont think its that bad...but in case you have a weak stomach...i am warning you.

This morning I was cleaning and stood up on a desk to get the cobwebs out of the corners. While getting down I got attacked by the ceiling fan. It hurt and started bleeding. So I called Nat and told him to come home---and Nat knows when I call and say come home that he is not to delay cause I dont cry wolf.
I went into bathroom to check damage and my hand was covered in blood...so I got a towel and a bag full of frozen french fries and waited for Nat.
He came home...inspected the wound and off we went to the doctor. We werent really sure what to do...i know what to do in a real emergency, but not sure about what to do in a semi emergency. So Nat called his boss Mel. He told us that a normal doctors office would do stitches. I didnt need neuro exam just someone to confirm our diagnosis. The doctors office were so nice to us.
So I ended up getting 5 or so stitches. I must say that the worst part about the entire thing was getting local anaesthetic. I havent had stitches since I was REALLY little. They had to cut my hair, but at least it will grow back eventually.
Nat was so fascinated by the wound...he got to see how bad it really was. Apparently it was really deep. The doctor said I was lucky it wasnt much worse. I was just thankful it wasnt my face and that my brain wasnt exposed. Nat took pics but they sucked...iphones were not meant for photos. If you are really interested in the pics you can see them on his/my facebook page. I am just posting the "clean" picture. I also wasnt sure the last time I had a tetanus shot, so luckily I got one of those too...the nurse gave REALLY good shots, barely felt a thing!
SO that was about it...i got attacked by a ceiling fan and got 5 stitches. Was a BRILLIANT day. OH yeah...how much did it cost to have an "emergency" appointment with tetanus shot, stitches and doc visit...(we pay upfront and then later get reimbursed)-- a whopping total of $140.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

140 dollars is sooooo not bad, when livi cut her head open we took her to childrens and she got two staples (they didnt have to cut her hair for staples) and it was like 600 -800 bucks, i dont remember exactly, but geez! hope you feel better soon, would suck to have a headache like that!

alycepaige said...

Thats full price. We will get reimbursed all but maybe $50 when we claim it.
I remember when I didnt have insurance in states and went to clinic and just asked how much it would be and they said something ridiculous like over $300 just to be seen..not counting xrays, mris, etc.
Dont really have a headache...but probably will tomorrow!

Best Poker Rooms said...

Nice question