Saturday, January 21, 2006

poker night and everything else

ever since i got to tremont, we have poker nights at one of nat's friends house. Its $20 for poker, pizza, fun and beer (i am glad no one is irresponsible in that regard, its a mature crowd). I go, have some fun and hope that nat wins the big pot. last night i was fantastic. out of 24 people i made 4th place, and won $35! Hey better than nothing. i think i could've gone all the way, but one of my last hands wiped me out. it was tons of fun! i have a feeling its goin to be a slow weekend. I have lots of work to do that i dont really want to do. I have to decide if i can go to arkansas next week...I have been getting alot more work and i fear that if i go i will lose out on some cash, yet in a sense it is a business venture (sarah is going to help me with my websites) and it would be better than sitting around here without nat around. we are going to branson missouri regardless and arkansas is only 3 hour drive to sarah. I also would have to take my laptop, which tends to slow my work down because it takes a bit for it to recongnize what i am doing (but it is better). I dunno what to do. I hate to board the dogs in a kennel...but i can only hope that it would help potty train them! OH that is so frustrating! I would like to have people over and play cards and have dinner but i cant bring myself to invite people into a house that smells like urine and poop. We did clean the carpet on monday while they were at the clinic, and it definately helped, but its like outside is to play, inside is to potty. anyone have any suggestions? i am going to start beating them!
Work is going well. I have been busy this week with a couple different projects, i hope to get them all done this weekend so i can start new ones on monday. So its getting better, and i am getting better. i still have a long way to go, but i am at least making progress daily. Levi is talking about flying me down again for training. I learn alot more when i am down there, but dread spending the week at his house. its ALL work, and no play, very boring i must say. I guess i have to if he wants me to though. I feel better about making him put out the cash because 1. i know he is making it 2. i know i am helping him make it. 3. it will be better to see hands on than from afar. all in good time.
i think i decided for the bachlorette party to paint pottery. I think there is a place in old mason but am not sure. also, does anyone have any friends that just got married and still have their decorations? id rather not go buy them, id rather just borrow them.
The wedding plans are coming along nicely. I have been horrible about the losing weight aspect. I try not to get mad at myself and make it worse, but to actually get into gear. Apparently i dont want it that bad! I see myself falling into trends that if i dont stop them now, i will have to deal with for the rest of my life. i found my dress and it is beautiful. i think its exactly what i was looking for.
I NEED ADDRESSES!!! One person has sent me their address. Please dont assume i have it becasue i sent you something in the mail...i lost my address book so i have none, except for becky because she actually sent me hers! (alycepaige@yahoo.com) I really cant do anything without them.
for the ceremony and reception i need the following volunteers
1. Set up at ceremony
2. Break down at ceremony
3. Decorate for Reception
4. Organize bachlorette party
5. Break down decorations at reception
6. photographers
7. video cameras (and someone/persons to man them)
8. advice on how to do the ceremony
9. Organize Personal Shower
10. Alter my dress (once i get it)
11. I am sure there is something i am missing
I want you (katie, becky, sarah r, cindy, kadie, sarah c, amber, carol, cheryl, moms, emma, jen(ny), danielle, nessa, abbi and steph, etc etc) to help and be apart, but I dont want to assign duties because i want you to do it out of your own generous heart, not because you feel obligated.
I could have more than one party, honestly i dont know how to plan a wedding or pre-wedding stuff. someone was saying that personal showers are for "personal stuff" from friends...so pampered chef party? I dont know what i am doing...some have you all have been married...any ideas? i want to be able to have as many parties in cinci as possible (gives me an excuse to coem down and see you guys).
i am letting ruth ann take care of most everything here, and probably nats mom will help too, and ken aka "dad".
i love you all, please dont ever doubt that. regardless of how much we talk or dont talk, everyone of you is dear dear dear to my spirit (to spirit because the heart is fickle, you all are sewn into my very being!!)
anyway, i need to get some work done. call me...
later
c.ALIce

3 comments:

abbi said...

with the pups, consistency is so important. what finally got buddy was a kennel. they won't pee or poop where they have to sleep. it has to be fairly small and then work up to a bathroom or a sm laundry room. then the house. it takes time. with two it has to be crazy. someone told me a good idea that i didn't get to use b/c he was already trained. put a bell by the door that they can reach. everytime they go potty inside, in the act or fairly close to commiting it, put their nose in it - just enough to smell it, then take them to the door, ring the bell, then take them wherever you are wanting them to potty. everytime you have to do the same thing. i'd plan on a good week before you see any kind of response. it took me 2 months for buddy and he's smart! some dogs take longer and some take once! maybe you'll get lucky. there's a book at walmart, My Outta control puppy. it was like $10. it helped me understand what i was doing wrong. oh, when they do actually go outside praise, praise, praise. buddy also got treats when he wouldn't pee inside and went outside. we gradually worked to just praise and then not so much. send me your address and i'll send you my copy if you don't want to buy it. i'm not using it right now. it has training tips too.

okay, on the wedding thing. i'll plan your personal shower. i'd like for someone else to help me. i'm not sure i could afford to do it by myself, but i'd figure it out. if you'd rather have someone else do it, that's fine too. i want to help, but i'm not sure just what i'd be best at. but if you want, just give me a list of addresses whenever you get them and i'll handle the rest. after that, I can help with tearing down or setting up. i'm planning on being available and up there to help. just tell me what else. i'm so excited! i've been having dreams about it. . . i know, weird. honestly, you'd never hurt my feelings with whatever you asked of me. i love you. let me know.

Cindy said...

i can help with
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

although i'll admit i am a little timid with 4.

just let me know

abbi said...

hey also, i have no idea, but my mom might, might be able to alter your dress. i'm going out on a limb here, though. i'm so excited for you!!!!!!