Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Business Minded: Part Deux

So I started this blog and left nothing but a title. So now I am back at it again to try to shed some light on the situation. So I work at the journal star, a newspaper, designing advertising for clients. It is a decent job, i get paid to sit and create all day...it is not stressful and they love me. But I dont plan on being here forever...I plan to do what I have always wanted to do and have a degree to do...photography. So recently I talked with a wedding photographer here in peoria that would pay me to go shoot weddings and then they would do all the ordering and backend part (like albums, etc). It would be a perfect job for me because as katie and becky well know....i am not so good at getting the images i take back to the client...i am quite a procrastinator (although i think money is a good motivator =))---chill out girls...you will get your pictures, eventually. Well after talking to this particular photographer, i asked to shadow him on several weddings to get a feel for how he works...and it was scheduled for this saturday. It also got cancelled, family issues, totally understandable (yet the insecure part of me thinks he is trying to avoid me and coming up with excuses to not hire me cause i am not good enough). Sandy has a friend that is also a photographer that would like some help at weddings and doing portrait work....then vanessa wants pictures, and she referred a friend of hers to have me do her wedding, and i have senior sessions for at least one person in the works and also a couple family portraits to follow up on. I am also working on a special project at work where I will be taking creative group photos at businesses for up to 80 different businesses. so I could potentially have alot of work to do. So I am doing some research on getting a website....a nice professional one, and honestly i dont know much about web design, and i think i have come to terms that it is better if someone else does it. I have a domain name, two actually(alycepaige.com, alycepaigedesign.com), and still deciding on the way i want things to look that reflect me. So I need some help....for ideas...about everything!
Names
1. AlycePaige Design
2. Alycepaige PhotoDesign
3. Alycepaige Photography
4. Alyce Paige
5. Do i even want to be alycepaige anymore?

symbols....i want to stay away from flowers (gender) but maybe stars? camera? anything unique and catchy. Can anyone help? Just to get something started....and find cool unique ideas....the photography i can do, and do it well....its the getting started stuff that just keeps me procrastinating!

HELP!
Mrs. P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like alycepaige photography. so yes, you should still keep alycepaige - it suits you. cant your logo be a collage of some of your best portraits?