Monday, June 30, 2008

wake up

So at my job, I design advertising. I have a team that consists of me (Artist Extraordinaire, Sue (Customer Service Rep, she types everything in and creates the tickets) and 3 sales reps (Angie, Diana and Susanne)..they drive around all day soliciting people to buy ads in the newspaper. So Angie, etc sells something, gathers all the information, gives it to sue that creates the ticket and then gives it to me and I design (based on what they have done before or what the client/salesrep draws up for me). The flow of advertising goes up and down, somedays I dont ever run out of ads, always something to do and the day goes fairly quickly. Then there are days like today, where i have recieved NOTHING. I have sat in front of this computer pretending to be busy for nearly 7 hours. I only have 30 minutes or so to go....so I sit and mull and bitch in my head because in lieu and sitting and doing NOTHING, I could be getting 52Cents on the mile (which today would be approximately $50 extra) to drive around Peoria and take pictures for my special project (which I am in sole control and in charge of)---but because SOMEONE doesnt get their mail, I sit here BORED UTTERLY BRAINLESS doing NOTHING and feeling mor eangry, frustrated and irritated by the minute, and others are doing the favorite and most exciting part of my job less that satisfactory--and she brings me the memory card like she is the ulitmate shit and I should worship her (if only she knew what people say behind her back).
i wish this was all over...i imagine that not thinking about it would help, but when I sit doing NOTHING all day, bored senseless, what else is there to think about?
Also sitting here bored, and already frustrated, then Angie, which sits behind me makes all these AGGREVATING noises...its like her throat doesnt naturally swallow and she has to "slurp" her saliva---then she talks to herself no matter what she is doing " i need to find the number to call Tom, he would buy this, well i hope he would, he is a good advertiser, oh darn, what was i doing, oh yeah calling Tom, now where is that number......................................(and she keeps talking and talking and talking.....) Ugh
I should be locked in a room by myself while i am working, or be allowed to work whenever there was work to do. I am pretty efficient and I can get done in one hour what most take half a days work. So i could potentially work part time and STILL have time left over to do nothing...sad isnt it...so i feel like i am wasting my life away with nothing, thinking of all the things I could be doing....but at least I get paid to do nothing (isnt that SO rewarding!)

c.ALIce

1 comment:

abbi said...

the move might actually make us closer. we'll border indy. and i wasn't worried neccessarily. just wanted you to know i was still here. love ya!