Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hump Day

I am so freaking excited!! I am leaving tomorrow to go to Kentucky for the weekend. I need a vacation from all this drama in life. I think the stress is making me so tired. Last night I got home directly after work, grabbed a bite to eat and was in bed by 6pm. Granted I was restless so I didnt get to sleep till 8pm, but even though my mind was going a million miles a minute, my body would not move. Today I decided to take a full day tomorrow rather than a half day tomorrow. I have been so bored this week that I figure it would be a waste of time to come in for 4 hours --- I have a list of things I could be doing instead. Maybe we could even leave tonight, but I doubt it. We have an MUCH NEEDED oil change scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30pm. I am sure we can go to some jiffy lube place though if we really wanted to leave.
Today we have our monthly ad contest. I won last month (May), and then won again for the month of June. So basically I dont have to take any vacation time to have tomorrow off....its FREE! That makes me feel even better. Little boost of self confidence just for winning.
I wrote another email to what's her name...I just dont understand why its so difficult. I am trying not to think about it. It really is frustrating.
So I am working on the menu for Sid's new restaurant. I think it will be fun! Little extra money on the side. I am also doing fairly well with my other project. I made a little money with it, nothing too extravagant, but more than I had! I figured I would let it sit in the bank till I decide what I was going to use it for.
I am pretty peaceful today. I think I really need to sleep all day yesterday. I also have something to look forward to for the weekend. I want to get back into church. I really think that may be my missing link. I have always known that. I even know which one I want to go to. I just have to remember that no one will be like Dave Workman, and that no church is perfect. I have to change my mindset a bit. It is about getting back into communion with God, thats what I really want...and creating a community that I can grow up with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dave workman? forget him. he's old news. joe boyd is who you're looking for :) i'm his biggest fan