Tuesday, October 18, 2005

daddy

Carol posted about dad and letting go. The post made me sad, but didnt make me cry. Is there something wrong with me? I am sad, but i think that i had come to terms with it a while ago. I feel like i have gained much from him. I have spent the most time with him, but in a different way. I think more that i feel guilty that i took it for granted for so long, but to spend time with dad is work, literally. I dont think i am resentful because much of what i know and who i am is credited to him. I am sort of at a loss at how i should feel. if i say i am not sad, then i am evil, if i say i am, maybe i am lying. honestly, i dont think i would give his lack of health a second thought until mom and cheryl and carol bring it up. I love my daddy, and of course there are many things i want him to do and experience in my life, but i think in order to not let it get to me, i have to come to terms with that fact that he might not get to experience those things here. I agree with Carol, I want him to be happy, i want him to be able to take a deep breath and build as many fences as his hearts content. That I think is more of a comfort to me than him being miserable. Life will take its course, and death with it.

1 comment:

abbi said...

i hope you read this chrissi. i love you. reading about your dad brings so many of our conversations to mind. thank you for being who you are. i miss you so much. maybe i could come visit sometime? who knows what lies ahead, but in my heart, i would love to. i miss holding your hand. i'm so happy for nat and you. make that choice to love him each and every day and work at doing just that and it'll work. god is our strength.