Tuesday, June 07, 2005

general life

i feel like shit today. i thought i was getting better and then my stomach started to get really upset and now i am so tired that i cant sleep. so you are my remedy.
i started my new job today. i am basically working for patrick, the guy i took wedding pics for. he owns a entertainment company that hires out djs and all types of entertainment. i am the go-to girl. i am basically his personal assistant/secretary/book-keeper/gig scheduler/ goffer. its a really laid back job, he works out of his house and the hours are super flexible. right now it is a very busy season. i was on the phone all day today, as well as trying to learn quickbooks...the guy training me thinks i am a fucking genius or something...he is like "here watch me do this once in super lightning speed then ill let you do it while i go smoke..." i am a hands on type of learner...you cant just tell me anything because my brain tunes people out (especially him, GOD he doesnt take breathes between sentences!!) i caught on though..after he left, i just went through some random tutorials and now i probably know more than he does.
i think i will like the job though. patrick is super easy to work with, and once the other guy is gone...we might actually get things done. i am trying to figure out a better way to organize the whole thing so that we do not lose clients due to miscommunicatoin or unorganization. i am actually very organized, especially in my brain when things need to be done.
boring huh? i guess its not much fun to read about my daily life. there is really nothing too exciting going on other than my first day at my job.
i am actually very sad today because my great aunt passed away last night. she was old and had alzheimer, but it is still sad. i consider her my grandmother figure. when dad and i went to kentucky on the weekends, i would hang out with her and go on long walks and pick strawberries. i havent seen her in a really long time, and she wouldnt know me if she saw me anyway. but regardless she still holds a very special place in my life. ill deal with it later.
i wish i would feel better. i wish someone would send me mail. i wish i was getting my mail here, especially my check from encore...that would help alot i think. they said they mailed it, but i havent seen it yet...slackers!!!! tiff keeps saying that we are going to start this cleansing fast, but then we keep putting it off..last week we (she) was recouping from the wedding....this week we are sick, maybe next week. to tell you the truth i am really not looking forward to it. depriving myself from food for 2 weeks for cleansing...probably a healthly thing to do...its like i am going to get an eating disorder. she also says we are going to work out...hmmm....yeah....we BETTER!!! i get all motivated...then i slack off. something i have to do myself, though i would much rather have her company.
i talked to aimee today from encore. she is so sweet. think she might actually have to re-nig on her thinking i am coming back soon. i will be here for at least a year i think. maybe till i figure out what i really want. who knows. i am not making any plans/ just going with the flow...so far that has worked out prefectly for me.
well i am off.....pray i will feel better....cause i hate being sick. tiff thinks i am funny...cause i am delirious. she said that i dont have to drink or do drugs, all i need is a slight cold to be entertaining. i admit i am somewhat spacey...like a blonde in a plantetariam.
love you.
c.ALIce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so i dont really know the correct protocol about this silly blog thing, so i am just going to write whatever i want!! :) so cheryl and i have not really felt that you are gone yet because you were never home anyway...until saturday when we tried to open the pool without you. first, it took forever to get the pump to work and then todd let air in it so we couldnt get it to work a second time...so we had to dump the nasty water into the pool...and then we couldnt find the bolts to put the diving board up and no guinea pig was around to climb into the rafters above the garage to look for any....and then we couldnt find the plugs for the filter.....so it is now 3 days later and we still havent been able to properly open the pool...when are you coming home?

steve-o said...

Just wanted to let you know that someone else read your blog. I know what it's like to wish people were reading your blog [insert shameless advertisement, www.houseofcarr.com, here]. I also took a look at your photos and they're phenomenal. Hope you're social experiment called life is working out well. Kelly and I are thinking about ya!

-steve