Thursday, June 16, 2005

shake it up

some of you actually watch the news...me i dont. i know that jackson got aquitted. but thats about it. so today i was at work, sitting there minding my own business, then all of a sudden the room started to shake. yes yes today i experienced my first earthquake. it lasted for about 10 seconds, if even that...and i wasnt sure what it was until patrick told me. it felt like a really big airplane flew overhead. a very strange feeling nonetheless. it was supposively a rather big one, but it only lasted a very short time and didnt knock anything over.
i am very tired today. i dont really feel like doing anything plus i am sore. yesterday tiffany and i went hiking. it was nice to get away from the gym. tonight sierra has a concert at the viper room but i am too tired to go and i promised mom i would call her at 9. i talked to levi today. his business is doing very well. that is awesome. i need to get on the ball with stuff here. i am helping tiffany start up her bartending company, trying to organize my portfolio and working on my website (which the love of my life, levi is graciously going to host for me). once i get the website up i can get more photography gigs and with tiffanys company i can work there for the weekends. i need to make money because mike is moving out the end of july and i have to come up with 775 for deposit and 525 for july rent or august rent...whatever. its alot of money and working 15-20 hours a week isnt cutting it. i went yesterday to a interview at mimis cafe and i stood there for a minute and realized i am not ready to get back into serving at a restaurant just yet. tiffany talked to trina to send out an email telling people that we need work and hopefully we will get a couple nice cocktailing jobs like that. i just would rather work from home, ya know....designing websites or doing headshots. i am all about having a flexible schedule and deciding when i want to work and for how long. there are so many ways to make money in LA, or california in general. i just have to get my crap together and make it. ya know what i mean. i will make it here, but i am definately out of my comfort zone and HAVE to be determined to make things happen in order to survive. i am really not worried about it. i think i just came to the conclusion that what i want isnt just going to drop in my lap. i actually have to make a conscieous effort to accomplish my goals.
i would like to give a shout out to those that i know are avid readers to let you know i appreciate you take the time to know whats going on with me!!! becky, sarah, kati, abbi, cindy, carol, cheryl, randy, christiane, and everyone else. love you all!! if i forgot you, i am sorry...my brain is dead.
until again
c.ALIce

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I heard on the radio that an earthquake hit you were my first thought.

I know some DJs in LA who were talking on a message board about the earthquake and I was like well I guess Chrissi experienced her first one.

abbi said...

I know. when i heard it hit la, you were in my prayers. i did however neglect to make sure you were okay. sorry 'bout that. i guess i knew someone (carol) would let me know. anyways, i'm glad that you are okay and i hope that your money situation is settled soon. although, i'm not sure it is ever settled, but we are. hmmm...

steve-o said...

Hey from Steve and Kelly. We are new avid readers, so we'll take the shoutout too! We thought about you during the earthquake news.
Steve says, "Have you met MC Hammer yet? Doesn't he live in Cali?"
He's weird. Sorry about him. I try to keep him under control.
Later!!!!!!!!!