Monday, June 27, 2005

new beginnings....

so nessa and i have talked about going to church for a couple weeks and have never gotten around to it. friday night while at the white trash party, nessa, trina and i were sitting there talking...about all sorts of things. the best part about it was that they talked about me, which of course is my favorite subject!! on saturday trina called me and SHE asked me to go to church with her. so we went (me nessa and trina) to oasis church. it was just like the vineyard but with a little more soul. the pastors wife spoke that morning and she was really funny and good. i still want to go visit mosaic. i may do that on saturday becasue the los feliz location meets at 6:30. kadie said that she is jealous i have the oppurtunity to go, so that means i will definately check it out. anyway, it was great to be there. i didnt realize how much my heart ached until i was there. i have been very fortunate to be surrounded by friends with like-minded beliefs. i am literally in awe. I know that i am supposed to be here without a doubt, regardless that i am homesick...and i am. my friendships here havent closely related to the incredible people i have in my life at home. but i hope that they will become that. i am so fortunate to have people that encourage me in my faith where i am now. i am in a group of friends that are looking to make God serious, and the more that i talk to them, the more i see it. People that are taking initiative to get me involved in my passions. its very surface now, but trina encouraged me to get involved in a small group...i think that is funny cause she is not even in one, or does she go to church on a regular basis...thats what truly awes me, that people i didnt think would go with are taking me. i thought i was going to be so alone here in my beliefs, but it seems like they are coming out of the woodwork. i was talking to snow last night and she is pretty conservative and looking for a direction in life. we actually have alot in common. nessa is still my favorite. i dont expect them to change their lives drastically but i am very thankful that God has put me in such a position...and you all were scared!! would that be a lack of faith in God or me? doesnt matter now because i think everyone has seem glipses of how this change has affected me in a good way. i have found that it is more depressing to deny who you are than to live it out, though living it out is much scarier. i am excited to see what God truly has in store for me here, and how He will continue to provide for every aspect of my life. i am stil growing, if i wasnt i would be scared. its day to day...
c.ALIce

2 comments:

abbi said...

i'm thankful for your like-minded friends as well. just don't forget that christ is who we are to be imitators of, not our friends. i know i tend to look around and think, "hey, i'm doing pretty well when, so and so is doing this. . . and, etc." i'll keep praying that you'll be encouraged and held accountable. keep being truly real and don't apologize for who god created you to be, hated or liked.

abbi said...

i don't want you to think that i'm preaching to you and i'm not in any better shape. just want to share shat i've learned in my marriage and wish i knew before.