Thursday, October 14, 2004

a heart issue

everyday i learn something new. everyday i learn how to love people more. everyday i learn how people are different. my passion is people. i have learned over the years to give grace to the differences. i glad that i am in a time in my life where there is so much ahead of me. i am anxious to see what God has in store. I am glad of the people that i encounter along the way that show me glimpses of the human spirit. people that are aware of their insecurities and letdowns, and grow from them, not hold on to them. circumstances and situations we encounter have a great impact on how we percieve life and other people. We have the choice in which to let our hurts be baggage or to live and learn. i tend to respect people more when they live and learn. God is gracious enough to heal our pain, we just have to be willing to give it to Him.
i am sure i have baggage, pretty much no doubt actually. as a friend would say i am "damaged goods" but i am better for it, if someone cant accept me because of it, then that is their loss.
ill still grow. i want to grow.
I am amazed how faithful God is to me. He is the only ever-constant thing in my life. He is everything i need,and the sooner i realize that, the less i will try to find myself in things i do and where i am. I have a prety good grasp on my insecurities and where they stemmed from. i am in a constant process of healing and redemption. it is part of the adventure.
the truth of the matter...
we pray to God as King David in Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God" and He returns to us this response...
"I will give you a NEW heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heard of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And i will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." Ezekiel 36:26-27
what i noticed about that is that HE does it. He gives, He puts, He removes, He gives, He puts, He moves....He doesnt just clean up the battered and torn heart within us, He goes to the most expensive and most locked away parts of heaven and gets you a NEW heart. A shiny,bright, brand new, polished, and well kept heart. Is He just waiting for us to ask for it? that is something i am not sure about.
c.ALICE
"Jesus, Lover of my soul. REPLACE our hearts. Restore us completely unto You. Become everything we need and let us rely on You for our value and security. Allow us to recieve Your glory. Give to us Your victory. In Jesus name, amen"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really miss you. i hope we can get together soon. until then love, steph

Anonymous said...

No one is "damaged goods" at 25. Besides, if you turn your sins and hurts over to God...no one remains "damaged"...just "good". -L